Thursday, August 31, 2006

Ernesto- NOT cool!

It's a rainy, icky, nasty day here in SC... Tropical Storm Ernesto (just 4 mph from being known as Hurricane Ernesto) has been pounding the coast all day. BLAH. I have resorted to doing indoor aerobics and running in place in front of the TV while watching the Weather Channel. What a nerd I am. Just get a damn treadmill, Tiff! :)

Good news- my ankle feels almost 100% again- even though part of the side of my foot has felt numb for the last week. My "foot doctor" (who ironically was my friend at happy hour the other night) says it might be a nerve being pushed by a muscle or something. The way I look at it, I would MUCH rather be able to NOT feel my body parts as opposed to feeling pain in them. Wimps.

On to more important topics- the OFFICIAL KICKOFF OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL. Now a tropical storm might keep me from going to the gym and running on the treadmill, but it will NOT keep me from driving across town in flood conditions to watch my Gamecocks kick off the season against Mississippi State. Buckets of beer? Check. Gamecock outfit? Check. Way to get home through the flood and a couple drinks? Ummm... no check. I could always stay at my friend's house downtown and just wear my Gamecock gear to work.

Let's just hope they don't lose.

I want to give a shout out to the blogger known as "Mike"!!! Sure I do not know him other than his blogs about drinking and running and running and drinking but I definitely recognize the genius in his comment, "Is it just me, or are runners also good drinkers?" Rock on, Mike!

No comments: