Saturday, August 19, 2006

Accountability

Why did I create this blog? One word- accountability. I figured that random people reading my crazy blogs would somehow help me to complete a half marathon in a few months. Makes sense, right?

Quick disclaimer: if you only care about running, you might not want to bookmark my blog. I tend to frequently get sidetracked and talk about various non-running topics. Take it all with a grain (or better yet, a pinch) of salt.

Nonetheless, my return to running has been a fun journey so far... even with 90 degree weather! I finally have brought myself to hit the road IN THE MORNING before work which has helped with the high temperatures AND my procrastination problem. Strangely enough- I have even bypassed a worthless night at the bar in lieu of hitting the sack early for a morning run the next day. Wow.......... if only I was disciplined enough to NOT stay up all night watching Saved by the Bell marathons.... one can dream.

Next race is a 5K next weekend with Edi, my marathoner friend extraordinaire. We will also have a little cheering section out there... always nice :)

16 weeks til the Kiawah 1/2 and you can bet your A$$ that I will be there!

For now-

1 comment:

JohnF said...

I am one of those random people who came across your blog. Good luck with your half-marathon and take care of that ankel.