Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Well, what can ya do?

I know... we have all been checking the weather reports in Chicago like 45,079 times a day (or that is just me?)

My Official Statement: I am holding out for cooler temps... I think Mother Nature's got it in her.

One thing is for sure- I would run this damn race if it was 120 degrees outside. We plan and train and do everything we can to prepare and one of the only things we can't control should not hold us down. Power to the people! Screw the weather!!! Let's revolt against the weather by breaking the world record marathon time set on Sunday- who is with me???? I can run a 2 hour, 4 minute marathon!!! (Well, maybe a half if I am lucky one day)

OK, no more caffeine in the afternoons.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The temp. is the high for the day, not the temp. it will be during the race. I think it will be pretty nice at race time.

Jamie said...

I'm with you checking the weather throughout the day and multiple different weather sites. I can't stop talking about it! Hopefully we will have cool temps in the morning or the cool front moves in a day early!

P.O.M. said...

Thank goodness races are in the morning! Hopefully it will stay cool until you are done! Ahhhhhhh -imagine it now.... the finish line!!!!

Tiffany said...

I think it is gonna snow.

Guaranteed.

4-6 inches before the race starts.

Who wants those odds?

:)

David said...

I heard there was a tropical depression building over the lake, and it's expected to be a cat 7 by Sunday. Yikes!

In case I don't catch you before you zoom up, have an awesome time and trow down a brat and a beer for me!

MW said...

bring it on.
we've run in that heat and humidity all season.