Thursday, September 20, 2007

Let the taper begin!

I just flew back home and thanks to the slowest baggage claim crew on the face of the earth... I have time to blog!

I am starting to get really, really excited about Chicago. I felt pretty confident after my first 20 mile run. And by confident, I was fairly convinced I could finish the race without dying. My second 20 miler on Monday solidified my confidence and really got me pumped up. I can't believe it is only 16 days away... where has the time gone?

Oh yeah.

It has been spent waking up at Ass O'Clock to run and beat the heat, turning down social invites to get ready for the long run, and dread... running.

I am ready though. OH YEAH.

And on a fun note- I got a little crazy at a silent auction this week and somehow ended up with a week-long stay at a suite villa in Cabo in June. HOLLLLLLAAA!!!!!

6 comments:

David said...

Ah, Chicago: dogs, beer, brats, da bears, da bulls, da cubs. Oh yeah, and a run thingy. :-)

You're gonna do great and have a blast. Just stay healthy!

JohnF said...

You are gonna do so well in Chicago!

Jess said...

Tiffany: What is your proposed pacing for the marathon? Are you running with anyone? Lisa (Great Lakes Running Gal) and I are meeting up at the start line and we're gonna try to run as much of the race as possible together. We run about a 11 min pace. If you'd like to join us, email me:
tygress422 AT yahoo.com.

Anonymous said...

Chicago will be my first Marathon. Sounds like you are ready and are having a blast. Good luck! It will be great!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Taper time is the best! Enjoy the rest and get ready for an awesome time in Chicago.

Tiffany said...

Proposed pacing? I hope to finish the race by Tuesday! Just kidding...

I have been training at about an 11:30-11:45 min/mile pace in the heat of summer. I would love to do a sub-5 hour marathon but will be happy with a finish!!!