Saturday, July 07, 2007

San Dieeeeeeego 10 miler

Yeeehaw! I made it to San Diego about noon local time today... cabbed it over to the hotel and found my room not ready. So... what did I do? Well, I grabbed my luggage and changed into running clothes in the hotel restroom and hit the trails! What a faaaaaantastic running city- my 10 miles just flew by (well, kinda... I think you all know what I mean when I say "flew by" aka were not excrutiatingly painful)

I have the most wonderful view from my hotel room. I got upgraded to a suite and have a balcony room with a view of the harbor and Coronado Island. It is picturesque. Fortunately, I brought my camera but unfortunately did not pack the cable to transport my photos.

Off to get prettied up and hit the town with my work colleague in town!

Oh yeah, I am supposed to be here for a work conference that starts tomorrow. I'm working, OK? Just like going to the Padres/Braves game tomorrow night is working!

GOOD LUCK TO CHIEF in his 15K tomorrow- The Boilermaker!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

David said...

Good to hear! I'm expecting to begin going out there about once a quarter soon, and was hoping it was running/cycling friendly.

Have fun, and don't do anything I wouldn't...

Tiffany said...

Totally! There were about a million runners and cyclists out yesterday afternoon. A million. 'Course I probably would not recommend going out in the middle of the day like I did as I did have to dodge some tourists near the piers.

Wooooohoooo San Diego!!!

Marcy said...

Suuuuuuuurrreee you're working :P LOL!!
Hard core motivation right there to run while traveling. Kick ass job!!

Chief Wahoo said...

Great job on the run! YOU ROCK!

I'd tell you not to do anything I wouldn't...but I couldn't think of anything that would stop you from doing...

Mendy said...

That is a great location to exercise in. It's hard NOT to enjoy a run along the waterfront, around seaport village (?? I think that's what it's called).

Anyway, glad to hear you had a great run!