Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hot summer nights

A hot and sweaty five miles tonight! I picked up the pace towards the middle of the run and finished with a 10:11 min/mile average pace. This may not sound fast but it's the first time in MONTHS that I have attempted to run faster than just a plain old 11 min/mile pace. I am starting to think I need to work a little speed back into my workout-especially since I am 2 months and 1 week from starring as a bridesmaid in my friend Caroline's wedding and I need to look smokin' hot.

I cannot stop laughing when I look at Wiley's mileage and think about how he is going to run circles around the Kenyans in Chicago and I start to think that I am on the "You Will Be Lucky To Cross the Finish Line" Marathon training plan :) Damn, Wiley- you rock!

I feel like a couple shout-outs tonight. First of all, keep up the spirits Mendy! We are just about three months from Chicago and are getting ready to kick it into gear with the Hal novice training program! I think it is fun we are on the same plan now so we can cheer each other on!

Chief- thanks again for your continued support and telling me to get off my butt and run.

(Ring ring)
Chief: Why are you answering your phone? You are supposed to be running. I just drank two beers at happy hour and am going to the gym.
Tiff: I am looking at old pictures from college. I misssssssssss my ex's dog soooo much. Not my ex. Just his dog.
Chief: Get off your ass and run.

You are gonna kick butt at the Boilermaker on Sunday... or at least get drunk afterwards at the beer truck.

Marcy- SG was out tonight and sends his best to upstate NY!

Time for shower, a popsicle, and nighty night! One more day in town and then Saaaaaaaaaaaaan Diego yall!

6 comments:

Marcy said...

Dang, you have to bring your camera next time. You can't tease :P I need a visual LOL

Awesome job getting that run in!!! Vanity is a good motivator LOL

David said...

When I read the title, I thought you were going to explain your absense from the 5K. I guess we'll have to just keep assuming on that one...

Way to pick up the pace at the end. Sounds like you have some more in the tank you can tap into. Personally, every time I notice I'm starting to get lazy on a run, I tell myself "Hell no! Just for that, I'm cranking it up!" Not talking about hills and stuff, just when I zone out and slow down a bit, or start thinking that I need to hold some back for later.

Good job on the weight loss!

Chief Wahoo said...

All I can say is - THANKS right back at you for the motivation!

Great job on the run Tiff!

Tiffany said...

Ha ha ha ha, David. The pics should be circulating the Web soon.

Yes, I agree the pace needs to be picked at times. DO IT!

Mendy said...

ahhh... Thanks Tiff! for the shoutout. You are so full of energy and I hope it just rubs off on me. I need it. Am also glad we're on the same plan too... I needed to just take another look and I see that this is my first Marathon and his plan actually better suits me, plus I'm not going for time - just to finish. Count me in on that "hope I finish" group. :-)

Great job on that run!!! You rocked it! Give San Dog a shout out for me... I used to live there - great place to run!!! (If you haven't already). You are the most traveling person I know of... you probably been there, done that and if so - just ignore me.

MW said...

You'll be OK Tiff, you'll be OK!
Beers and Margaritas (do they have Ritas in Chicago?) will be waiting for us!