Sunday, May 13, 2007

Revitalizing!

I had a fabulous morning run in Chicago... and it is just what I needed! I started from my hotel just a block away from Grant Park and ran by Buckingham Fountain, around the lake by Shedd Aquarium, The Field Museum, and Adler... and back down by Navy Pier before stopping to grab breakfast and enjoy the nice morning. Gosh, I love it here. I really, really, really do. I wore my Garmin to keep distance but didn't really even look at it while running (I normally look at it every .0489585 of a mile!)- bringing my total run to about 5.5 miles.

I am here til Thursday so I will have plenty of time for other runs and new routes although it will sure be hard to beat this one. Running around Adler and catching that glimpse of the Chicago skyline? Yeah, it is pretty damn good!!

I love Chicago.

I envisioned myself in Grant Park on the day of the Chicago Marathon and I couldn't help but get butterflies in my stomach! I know I am ready for this long, long journey of many miles and can't wait for that day to be here :)

I did some touristy sightseeing yesterday (aka "research and development" to check out their ticketing systems) and visited The Shedd Aquarium and Chicago Institute of Art. In my opinion, CIA has arguably the finest permanent art collection in the United States. It was a real treat to also see the Cezanne to Picasso temporary exhibit on its last day. I am going to hit up the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry and The Field today as additional R&D- and possibly a shopping trip down Michigan Ave.

Did I mention I love Chicago?

4 comments:

Mendy said...

Fantastic!!! I'm so jealous. I can imagine how you were feeling running, where we will be running the marathon. Nice you had a run, without glancing at the garmin so much and just enjoyed the atmosphere. I know it's hard.. especially when that beep goes off at each mile (I have mine setup that way) - it's hard not to look down for me.

All those miles of training we have ahead of ourselves! I know your plan starts soon, Tiff. Good luck! Looking forward to us sharing stories of training!

MW said...

when i was 7, i went to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry. I still remember it as my all time favorite 'seum.
let me know if it would still be cool 27 years later.

Tiffany said...

Mike- the museum is still amazing.

Fun fact- the building it is housed in is the only building still standing from the Chicago World's Fair.

It is innnncredible!!

Tiffany said...

Yes Mendy- many many miles ahead of us! Looking forward to reading your blogs too!