Saturday, March 03, 2007

True confessions

Alright, I admit I have been taking it a little easy since my Myrtle Beach race. I guess I thought doing two half marathons and a 11.2 mile relay race within the last 2 months gave me the right to take an entire week off this week and basically do nothing. Don't get me wrong, I have had a good time.... shopping with the girls, drinking Pinot Noir and bourbon til the wee hours, catching up on trashy reality TV. It kinda reminds me of what I did for about 4 years before I started running again.

My hiatus is over.

I just looked at my calendar and realized it is March. As of NOW, there are 4 weeks til the Bridge Run and I don't want to disappoint myself. I am only in Charlestona total of 6 days until the Bridge Run due to a frantic travel schedule.... I need to really buckle down.

A month after that puts me at the starting line at the Kentucky Derby Festival Half Marathon which I (coincidentally ha ha) planned as the same day as my sister-in-law's baby shower. This means I will have about 50 of my closest relatives in Louisville that day and they are already looking forward to making the loudest cheerest section on the course. After that... I think you know... CHICAGO training, baby!

Press on, Tiff....

No comments: