Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy PR and St. Patty's Day!

Was a beautiful morning to run a 10K PR...

A year ago, I made my return to running and ran a 10K in 1:16 at last year's Bridge Run. I bested that with a 1:04 10K back in November while training for my first half marathon.

And today... I ran it in 58:59 (Garmin time)... breaking that damn hour barrier. I could not be happier! This is just what I needed going into the Bridge Run in two weeks. I can finally say I broke the hour mark but I will need more than that to battle the "hill" and the swarms of people to get another PR at my favorite homecoming race. Training on the road has presented some unique challenges but has also given me some varied terrain. Scaling those hills in San Francisco was definitely a change of pace from our flat land here!

Now I am gearing up for some St. Patty's fun... practicing my best Irish jig, throwing on my green, and heading to my fav Irish pub (I am there the other 364 days of the year anyway) and celebrating my PR and 1/8 Irish blood!

Erin Go Bragh!

5 comments:

MW said...

Well done!
It feels oh so nice to break those magical barriers!

brownie said...

Hell yeah! Congrats on sub 60! And no one can ever take that away from you, unlike how I'm gonna take first place away from you in your tourney poll.

Hollywood said...

Agreed. There are few better reasons to put back a green beer than making a PR. Congrats!

aka Moogy said...

Awesome job! Wahoo...
I too got a PR Saturday at the Prickly Pear 50 k in San Antonio. 8) Great beer after (Alamo Golden Ale) w/ fajitas. I think being part Canadian and Belgian puts me as a contender in Beerfest!

Tiffany said...

Way to go, Moogy! I think Beerfest is Brownie's fav movie... he watches it over and over and over!