Friday, February 02, 2007

Tales from a Road Warrior…

Here I sit in Atlanta airport. Delta Crown Room. C Concourse. A familiar scene. Middle-aged business men chatting on cell phones and trying to make haircut appointments with their secretaries, people fresh off the redeye looking to catch some sleep, overcast skies out the windowed wall, dozens of planes waiting for taxi and takeoff. I have always been in awe of airplanes. What makes them fly and how do they stay in the air? I like to think about the people inside of them and where they are going, who they will see, how they feel about where they are going…

I sit here and I am tired. I have been on the road for almost 2 weeks straight (sleeping at home one night in between). I have been to Philly, DC, VA, Austin, and Houston. Somewhere in between... I also ran a half marathon, presented about 25 software demos, and entertained prospects and clients every night. I took a 6:00 AM flight this morning so I can get home in enough time to run my errands, pay bills, and go shopping for last minute stuff for my ski trip tomorrow. Yes, I am turning around in Charleston and taking a 7:00 AM flight to Utah in the morning. Ironically, my boss is also going to Park City for vacation and we will be there for the same time period. HA!

So, off I go soon to get on another plane. Seat 2 D today. Bulkhead window seat. Perfect for sleeping and getting a good look at my beautiful hometown city when we fly in over the ocean, tidal creeks, and my beloved Cooper River Bridge. Hoping the weather holds up and the storms from Florida did not creep up. Would be nice to get a run in…

Happy trails!

No comments: