Thursday, February 15, 2007

So, I'm running a marathon this weekend...

...and my friends are running the first 15 miles for me! Saturday is the big Myrtle Beach Marathon relay for me and my three gal pals :) They are each taking a 5 mile leg and I will finish up with the last 11.2 miles and cross the finish line.

Truth be told, I do not know how I will feel. Crossing the finish line with other people who have just run 26.2 miles will be bittersweet. Sweet because I will be finished and ready for a beer. Bitter because I will not be able to share in the same feelings of achievement, accomplishment, and jubilation as someone who has just completed such a long journey.

For the time being though... that is OK with me. I will get my chance soon enough :) I am looking forward to spending some fun times with the girls in Myrtle Beach and running a fun race!

Wish us luck!

4 comments:

brownie said...

Good luck! Drink a Yuengling for me after the run.

Unknown said...

Have a fantastic race, don't worry you'll get your chance to complete the 26.2 soon enough;)

Lulu said...

11.2? That's nothing for you. You'll kick ass!!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks yall! I had a great time- the relay rocked :)