Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It early.... Tiff tired... cold in Santa Fe... must resort to treadmill

Buenos dias, readers! I made it to New Mexico and apparently did not get the memo (or watch the Weather Channel enough) to know it is f-f-f-freezing here. Now, I am a southern girl- I like warm. It was 79 degrees when I left Charleston yesterday... sigh...

I know... waaaa waaaa waaaa... cry me a river.

I actually wished I had planned this better and tacked on a little time in the mountains to ski. It is hard to come by a good slope in Charleston!

So, it is 5:48 AM and I persuaded the front desk guy at the Hilton to open up the workout room for me 12 min early so I can get my 7 miles in before my sales seminar this morning. Halleluia! I hope to burn off at least ONE of the margaritas and/or glasses of red wine I had while flying out last night. Hey-First class all the way, OK?

So, I am locked in for my second half- the 3M in Austin at the end of January. I like knowing that Kiawah next weekend is not the end-all, be-all. I think I need to keep tacking on the goals to keep the dream alive. And how perfectly did this Austin thing turn out.... I actually have a sales call that Monday in Austin and then will fly to Houston for a work conference (yes, I know I could drive but I hate driving). I couldn't plan it better if I tried!

OK- off to the treadmill. (Blah) I remember the good ole' days (last year) when I preferred the treadmill. Oh, the times are a' changin'!

Happy Trails-
Tiff

1 comment:

JohnF said...

I must commend you on forcing your way into the gym. I have been at this hotel for 3 weeks, but the gym is only open from 7am -8pm. Don't get up early enough in the am, and get back too late in the pm most days and miss the opportunity. Good luck on the next race.