Friday, August 25, 2006

On the up...and up!!

So, I've been icing this ankle for a few days... and it has started to feel better. I get enough courage and motivation to go out running last night. Mainly because I started to miss the feeling I got and I felt like I was making some good progress. It is funny how you would have avoided running before at ALL costs and now I was getting angry because my body was not letting me get out there. Strange....

Even stranger...

I open my front door. It is POURING. The normal Tiffany would pack it up and settle down to a nice night of watching TV. But not now. I grabbed my raincoat, hat, and stopwatch (waterproof, of course) and headed out the door with gusto. I am glad I did! It still was about 85 degrees outside so the raincoat felt like a sauna after a couple miles. But DAMN... was I proud. Ironically, I saw no one else on the road :)

Ankle status- still a little sore. Debating whether to run tomorrow in the 5K- think I might run it at a moderate pace and now worry about 90 year olds beating me!

No comments: